Website Turnover Plan
The internet is a very transient place. Web sites appear and disappear every day. Sometimes this is because people lose interest in maintaining them, other times it is due to the death of the webmaster. Many great websites have vanished from the net forever because there was no plan in place to keep them going. The purpose of this page is to ensure that the USS BREWTON website is maintained permanently, and that an orderly process exists for the turnover of responsibilies in the event that I am unable to continue to maintain it for some reason.
This page will list the names and contact information of shipmates who are "on watch" for the USS BREWTON website. Each shipmate who is "on watch" agrees to perform the following duties if necessary:
(1) Take personal financial responsibility for the maintenance of the USS BREWTON website.
(2) Ensure that updates to USS BREWTON shipmate information are performed regularly.
(3) Transfer and maintain the ussbrewton.com domain.
(4) Expand and improve the USS BREWTON website when possible.
(5) Maintain the website in a professional manner.
(6) Make regular backups of all website data and store them in a secure location.
(7) Plan for an orderly turnover of responsibilities in the event of their own death.
The qualifications necessary to be "on watch" for the USS Brewton website are the following:
(1) Knowledge of HTML and website maintenance. -OR-
(2) Financial ability to hire someone capable of performing (1).
(3) Desire and ability to spend time maintaining the USS BREWTON website.
(4) Effective, polite, and professional communication skills.
(5) Have served onboard the USS Brewton.
(6) Willing to keep your contact information posted on this page correct and up-to-date.
(7) Able to "step in and take charge" to keep the USS BREWTON website running if necessary.
I will mail backup copies of the USS Brewton website to these "on watch" shipmates every so often. In the event of my death, my wife Tamara Lookabaugh will be the point of contact for the turnover. She can be reached at 405-794-9928. She will post a message to the message board with her contact information, and will then get in touch with the "on watch" shipmates to make all necessary arrangements for website turnover. She has access to things like the password for the ussbrewton.com domain, etc.
Please DO NOT volunteer to be "on watch" if you have any doubts or reservations about taking on these responsibilities. There is a LOT of work involved, and no compensation other than the gratitude of your shipmates and the feeling of a job well done. This job is not for everyone. If you have never done anything like this before, it's probably not for you. But for those of you with the special skills and/or financial resources, you can really help out. With any luck, you'll never need to do anything at all. I'm not expecting to go anytime soon. :-) But with over 500 shipmates that regularly visit this page, it would be irresponsible not to have a plan in place. USS BREWTON was always "Dedicated, Determined, Prepared", and this plan is simply an extension of that motto. To have your name placed on this page, and go "on watch", please e-mail me at mark_lookabaugh (at) cox.net. On behalf of your shipmates - thank you! (Mark Lookabaugh)
Shipmates "On Watch"
1. Name : Mike Thompson E-mail : Mike@tnh.net or email@example.com Phone : (941) 627-5901 Address : 3421 Maple Terrace Port Charlotte, FL 33952 2. Name : Phil Robst E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Phone : 404-219-8597 Address : 3530 Ashford Dunwoody Road #376 Atlanta, GA 30319
[ SHIPMATES ONLINE | BREWTON PHOTOS | WELCOME ABOARD | REUNION ]
[ WHAT'S NEW | NAVY LINKS | ODDS AND ENDS | SHIP'S STORE | MESSAGE BOARD ]
[ CRUISE BOOKS | DOWNLOADS | PAGE AWARDS | EMAIL | MAIN PAGE ]
[ ABOUT JOHN C. "BUBBA" BREWTON ]